Screwdriver Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've always fancied getting a basic vde screwdriver set. I'm not a sparky but I do like to have a wide range of tools to hand "in case the need arises" so to speak. I've seen these on eBay :- Clicky and wondered what you guys think ?

I've been told that they are supposed to be a good name and the price isn't too expensive for occasional diy use.

Cheers

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
They are quite decent drivers and that price is good more than adaquate for DIY use.
Also check out CK sensoplus and the new CK dextro range not to forget Bacho. Avoid any of the cheap unbranded VDE driver sets they are very poor quality and snap easily.

very nice, i use irazola ones atm and find them very good. Dont buy chocolate screwdrivers, it is a complete waste of time, even for occasional use, lets be honest, if and when you do come to use your tools, you want them to be reliable and of a good quality so they dont break half way through a job and require you to take a trek out to a DIY shed to have your pants pulled down on a substandard tool.

Sponsored Links
Dont buy chocolate screwdrivers, it is a complete waste of time, even for occasional use, lets be honest, if and when you do come to use your tools, you want them to be reliable and of a good quality so they dont break half way through a job and require you to take a trek out to a DIY shed to have your pants pulled down on a substandard tool.

Exactly my feelings john. Thanks for all the replies guys, I'll get them bought then.

whats the thought of Draper?? Seen them about quite reasonably priced.

The wera ones in the link are the best screwdrivers you can buy IMO. I don't use anything else.

I don't mind CK, but i find the new shaped handle uncomfortable to hold. I did have a go with irazola, and they were ok, but broke very easily. They lasted about 3 weeks on average.

I've had a few wera screwdrivers for about 3 years now, and only broken one. They get daily heavy trade use.

That price on eBay is very good, and you won't really need any more than there is in that set apart from maybe a 7mm slotted.

it doesn't say if the metal is chrome vanadium or what. I wouldn't buy any screwdrivers that weren't

And those are just lying in a cardboard box - no retail display packaging or zip-up case etc...

Z - it might be worth contacting Wera to see if they know of any problems with counterfeiting.

I've got a set of Draper VDE I've had for years - they seem pretty well made, but the handles are a bit small, and the plastic is hard and shiny. That set above looks to have resolved those problems.

Also have a CK VDE set, and they are fine, but again I've had them some time, and I find with tools that past performance is no guide, as they shift the manufacturing. Anybody remember how good Gedore spanners were, for example, before they started making them in India?

But last year I bought a couple of CK Modulo drivers (I know, I know..) and they were made in Germany.

Also I've got 1 Wiha driver - very nice handle - I'd seriously consider those if I needed to replace any of my others.

I take it you mean like these?
41YMG6H2AYL._SS500_.jpg

Those are somewhat painful to use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back