Screwfix price match promise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm shocked. Just got turned down at a screwfix trade counter price match because although the item was the same model, was in stock, was not on offer..etc..etc...they said the other store was more then 10 miles from the canning town screwfix store I was in, when I looked the route they were viewing it went the long way round via a major A road (was only about 8 miles as the crow flies).

Ha! Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

"Never beaten on price" - ....unless of course you go the long route and take the North Circular

Sponsored Links
Looking at the fine print of the offer match, it just states that the other store must be within a 10 mile radius; nothing is stated about how that distance is measured, so I'd be inclined to challenge them, and suggest you want confirmation from head office, at which point you'll then update the Screwfix community if you feel they are being devious.

Thank you for your email regarding Price matching.

We work hard with our suppliers not only to get the highest quality products but also to get the lowest possible prices. At times, other companies may offer a similar product at a lower price, perhaps as part of a special promotion.

Unfortunately at this time, we are unable to offer price matching through the mail order side of our business and I apologise for any disappointment this may cause. However, our Trade Counters are now able to price match at store level providing certain criteria is met and the terms and conditions are as follows:

• Just let the Trade Counter know within 14 days of your order
  • Applies to all competitors within a 10 mile radius
  • The item must be packaged, sold as new and in stock at the competitors
  • The price must be available to all customers
  • Please provide us with some proof (invoice, catalogue, advert) ...alternatively we do have to obtain verbal confirmation from the competitor
  • Excludes Internet or mail order prices
  • Excludes competitor clearance events

Applies to all competitors within a 10 mile radius
They clearly came bottom of the class in maths!
RADIUS:+Distance+from+the+center+to+point+on+circle+P.jpg

?

Is the price match exclusive to the trade counter?

I was in the Brentford branch of Screwfix late last year. Some fellow asked if they would price match the toolstation next door (identical products). The member of staff just shrugged and said "you get what you pay for at Toolstation". The fellow looked slightly confused and replied "OK I will go next door and get what I pay for".

Sponsored Links
Just marketing hipe to make you think they are best prices. I find that they are often the worst. I was happy to pay a higher price for something I needed NOW to sort a customer in need. But now most of the stuff I need is "next day". So I can buy from Companies like Fastlex and TLC at lower prices (even with postage if not free) and still have mainly next day if ordering before 2pm.
I have tried the price match a number of times from a place only 1 mile away. But been denied. So in my view if a offer appears too good is usually is. I often find Tool station has what I need in stock, at about the same price.
They seem to have built their business quickly by supplying now what Screwfix does next day.
To get a Screwfix Electrofix card I had to take in proof I was qualified. To be honest I have found it to be a waste of space in my wallet.
My advice is don't waste you time even discussing it with them. Buy elsewhere if better deal. Often the person behind the counter does not know what the item is, does or what it is used for.

Screwfix very convenient (especially for consumables) if you live/work near a store. But a lot of the stores based in smaller towns hold less stock.

The professional end power tools are very over priced, they exploit the tradesman who urgently needs them

Blup

Back