sd card

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for my lack of computer skills

I have a toshiba laptop with windows XP
It has a sd card slot

To get by for now
If I put the card from a digital camera in it ,how do I view the photos that are on the card.
I also would like to view someone elses card from another camera if possible.

The camera is not synced to the computer ( as I can not do that either ) so I can not use the lead yet,I wiil try to sort that another time
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you look in My Computer, you will probably see a Drive named Removable Disk or similar. Maybe Drive letter E: or F:

This will be the SD card slot, just double click the drive to access the files on the SD card.

I wonder if you need to load some software off the disk that came with the camera?

Sponsored Links
My Fuji came with software which I tried & then removed, it was easier to use Microsoft.

SD cards are formatted FAT32 (same as many PC hard drives) so you'll be able to see the card as if it were another hard drive and browse it using Windows Explorer when you put it in the SD slot.

Copy them to your hard drive and to view them with the basic Window picture viewer just double click on one of the images and away you go. There may be some software that came with your camera that will do much the same and allow editing. For basic editing e.g. rotate and re-sizing, ACDSee is easy to use.

If you look in My Computer, you will probably see a Drive named Removable Disk or similar. Maybe Drive letter E: or F:

Sorry I am useless on computers really

This will be the SD card slot, just double click the drive to access the files on the SD card.
The only removable is "D"
comes up PLEASE INSERT A DISC IN DRIVE D
I assume that may be the cd drive thingy
cant see a E or F there
Thanks

I wonder if you need to load some software off the disk that came with the camera?

Did try but it did not work
Every time the computer switches on since then I get a message , saying that it failed, thats another thing I need to get rid off.

Perhaps I could try it again
but i would like to use the slot also to veiw other peoples cards

Thanks to ALL other replies
Apoligies I dont know how to quote multiposts either

My Fuji came with software which I tried & then removed, it was easier to use Microsoft.

Thanks , is that for the card, or is that just for the editing
I have pictures on there from another camera phone ,these I load using the lead, set up using the cd with it.
I can edit and print ok, using the Hp software that came with the HP7210 printer, just cant get pics from other cameras, from the sd card slot to the computer

Hi Rocky

What size (mb) is the SD Card.

Has it ever worked.

What operating system are you running (XP?) SP2

What is the model of your laptop.

Hi Rocky

What size (mb) is the SD Card.

4 gb , did not realise that was in there but too late the photos are on it,
I also have a 2gb mini sd with an adaptor but i have not tried that
plus a smaller sd somewhere
Has it ever worked.
No , I have put card in but dont know what to do then

What operating system are you running (XP?) SP2
Not sure how to tell,sp2 rings a bell though

What is the model of your laptop.
A100 is on the book I have just found

Unfortunately I have to go out now
Thanks for help
Will look back about 6pm

Try and dig out your smaller SD Card and try that.

A 4gb card may not be compatible or a driver update may be needed.

if you still have the camera, can't you put the card back in, and connect the camera with its USB lead?

On my computer, when I insert the SD card, I get this:

screen.jpg

Basically, as soon as you attach up any external storage device - whether it be SD card, external hard drive, etc, the plug and play should read it and give you that box.

Is the SD card actually clicking into the slot properly? No offence, but are you putting it in the right way round?

Don't mean to sound like I'm treating you like an idiot, but if you've never used it before, you might not be aware that it clicks right into the slot.

Sponsored Links
Back