sd card

Try and dig out your smaller SD Card and try that.

A 4gb card may not be compatible or a driver update may be needed.
Found a card with 32 on assume thats mb took some photos first
put in, the slot
"my computer screen still the same as with the 4gb card

I forgot to say there is a mobile device showing under removable storage , this is from my old pda device which I used to plug into the usb.

As well as the DVD-RAM drive (D:)which when clicked says " please insert a disc into drive D:

Sponsored Links
Don't mean to sound like I'm treating you like an idiot, but if you've never used it before, you might not be aware that it clicks right into the slot.
Thats ok I thought that at first
It wont go in the other way
The way it is in now seems ok if I then push it again it clicks and pops out ,seems similar to the camera ,etc
There is an led which lights for only 1/2 sec when first put in, the manual says this is lit when the card is being accesed
I took photos first to make sure there was something on the card

if you still have the camera, can't you put the card back in, and connect the camera with its USB lead?

Looks like I might have to, however I still would like to learn to use the card slot.
I want to be able to access other peoples cards using it
I also have a sd sat nav card I need to access soon to update

We will get this working.

First off, go into My Computer and have a look at what drives are showing - here's what mine looks like:

screen2.jpg

I know what all my drives are. My A drive is my floppy, C drive is CD writer and E Drive is DVD writer. The G drive that's showing up is where I put my SD card into. Even though I've taken it out, the drive is still showing up.

So under your drives with removable storage, what are you getting? Is there anything that could be the card?

Something that has just occurred - has the card been formatted? I'm no expert on them, but I just wonder if maybe it needs formatted before it can be read by the computer.

Sponsored Links
I forgot to say there is a mobile device showing under removable storage , this is from my old pda device which I used to plug into the usb.

As well as the DVD-RAM drive (D:)which when clicked says " please insert a disc into drive D:

Thanks for your patience alison
The above is under the removable part , similar to your page.
There is nothing else
As for formatting I have heard of it but never done it, like you say I would have thought the drive would show up somewhere, even without the card in.
I am quessing but Is there a way to use the search thing on the computer to look for the drive

Trying things
Went into a bit called device manager
" other devices " had a yellow question mark by it :?:
Expanded it and
" Sd memory card " also had a yellow question mark :?:

Edit
This has now gone after clicking it
Retried the 32 mb card and it now seems to show up
as drive E
Drive E shows up in "MY COMPUTER" only when the card is in

ALISON
I now get the same option screen like you asking what I want to do with the photos :D
Dont really know what I done
BUT ALL SEEMS OK THANKS ALL
:D

Update
Combining all your info
I have just reloaded camera disc for the editing software
I have found in the instructions I can access the card slot also via this.
So now I have a choice :D :D

Thanks again to all

Device Manager was gonna be my next suggestion to you to look into - you beat me to it!! Well done though and glad it's sorted.

The sd card needs to go all the way in to the slot, nothing sticking out, it's spring loaded bay so you push again to release.
Have you got the drivers installed for the sd slot, check you hardware in system [via control panel] and see if you have any yellow question marks, may show as unknown device.

The sd card needs to go all the way in to the slot, nothing sticking out, it's spring loaded bay so you push again to release.
Have you got the drivers installed for the sd slot, check you hardware in system [via control panel] and see if you have any yellow question marks, may show as unknown device.
Thanks foxhole
We got it sorted it in the end

All seems ok for now.

Sponsored Links
Back