Seagulls!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was eating my fish and chips out the garden just now and the sky suddenly filled with seagulls. There were hundreds of them for as far as the eye could see. I've never seen that before. I’ve seen other birds (swift’s/swallows etc) chasing a swarm of insects but I couldn’t imagine seagulls doing that. Anyone else seen something like this nowhere near the sea or the local rubbish tip?

38042B03-D3FD-4170-A5B1-02CB09D35B4E.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I recently walked round to the local chippy with a mate. On the way back we were eating our food and lots of gulls followed us home. They must have been able to smell the fish.
There seems to be more gulls than ever.
By the way, apparently, they are not seagulls, just gulls.

I recently walked round to the local chippy with a mate. On the way back we were eating our food and lots of gulls followed us home. They must have been able to smell the fish.
There seems to be more gulls than ever.
By the way, apparently, they are not seagulls, just gulls.
Ah right. We’ve just got back from a few days in Bath. Full of gulls there too. We were woken every morning at 4.00 when it was still dark by them calling out. I saw one bloke get shat on by one and they made a right mess of our car when it was parked up for a few days. :mad:

Sponsored Links
30 miles inland and we often gets a few hundred gulls flying over the local council offices across the road from work. If it persists for a couple of days they send a man out with a Harris hawk and a kestrel. Seems to clear them for a few weeks before they return. No waste tips or anything in the area.

Some seagulls nested on our roof a few years ago, tucked in behind the boiler flue. I told Mrs Filly to ring the Council. I was expecting, for a small fee, them to send a man around armed to the teeth with weaponry capable of blasting them orf the roof.
Apparently not. The service they offered was to come and remove the eggs and replace them with plastic eggs. This would stop the gulls simply laying more eggs, stop them becoming aggressive and with luck, with the eggs not hatching they might not return to nest in the same spot next year.
Meanwhile, they would take the real eggs to a place where they would be incubated and hatched, the young gulls then reared by hand until they were old enough to be released into the wild. **** me we didn't even bother asking how much that was going to cost.

Sponsored Links
Back