seal floor tiles - in one room grout is darker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Elderly lady again - you were so good last time I asked, can you bear to help again? I have searched, but can't find exact query.
The builders sealed one bathroom floor - the lad looked to be doing it nicely - the bathroom tiles are a bit matt, non slip for elderly people, but now I realise they are really for a wet room not an ordinary bathroom. My mistake. Doesn't really matter,except they're a pain to clean.
Anyway, he put the seal over the whole floor, really rubbing it in, and it's fine.
The second bathroom, was washed on Tuesday and he did the same thing to it on Wednesday or Thursday. This time the grout has come up patchy, really quite dirty and horrid in places. The grout was limestone colour.
I am dismayed by the effect, as it was to avoid the dirt that I had it done. Don't know why it's come up different. is it because it was washed the day before? It is a hot bathroom, can't imagine it was still damp.
My second query is, would a quote for floor tiling normally include the grout sealant? Or would I expect an extra charge?
Thank you for looking at this, I really appreciate having such a nice bunch of guys giving up their free time to answer granny's questions!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back