Seal on main fuse and fuse board change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i have question about seal on main fuse (100A) on supplying cable. So i need change fuse board , but i need do this safe, the old board is metal, and i think the best option is, just plug out main fuse but what about seal ??? can i cut and them call to EDF for put new ???

Thank

Sponsored Links
if you have to ask the question, then I seriously doubt your competence to do the job which by the way is notifiable!

Pulling the fuse can be very dangerous and is illegal.

Also, given this:
hi all
i am new and i hope u dont kill me for my maybe noob question :) OK i got job for wiring kitchen. Socket its not the problem, standard ring 2,5mm, light radial 1,5mm, but cooker this is my problem.... i know must be wiring via 6mm cable, but now i have two gap in wall, one for Coocker Control Unit, but other one ?? how i can connect everything ?? i realy need some diagram, i find some website http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/diy_electrics_cooker_circuits.htm but what is this Connector unit ?? how i can connect everything, this diagram dont tell me nothing :( I know for electrician is not a problem but i do electric to, but i not professional, and i realy want learn for future :) So i very please about diagram and about connection solutions, when i do this how someone connect oven ??

it is clear beyond any doubt that you are not even close to being competent to change a CU.

Please don't try.

Get an electrician.

Sponsored Links
I take it that your command of his native tongue is better than his of yours?

hi
i have question about seal on main fuse (100A) on supplying cable. So i need change fuse board , but i need do this safe, the old board is metal, and i think the best option is, just plug out main fuse but what about seal ??? can i cut and them call to EDF for put new ???

Thank

You need to leave it well alone and get a qualified electrician involved in changing a fuse board. It is quite obvious that you do not have the required experience and knowledge to do so. Is this your own property?

If it is his property and he does a CU change then he will have problems when he comes to sell the property with no certificates.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back