Seal two pipes through hole in the bath...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

So, I had a very short time to get a shower plumbed in. I couldn't sink the pipes behind the wall because the genius that boarded the room out didn't batten it off despite my asking them to. In any case I ended up cutting a hole through the tap end of the acrylic bath, and passing two flexible pipes through there. I sealed it with fast-setting expanding foam and silicon on the top. However the silicon has now peeled away, and its leaking under the bath. So, I'm looking for any ideas for some magical goo that will seal it up. The foam is still in place.

Cheers guys

Sponsored Links
Hello all.

So, I had a very short time to get a shower plumbed in. I couldn't sink the pipes behind the wall because the genius that boarded the room out didn't batten it off despite my asking them to. In any case I ended up cutting a hole through the tap end of the acrylic bath, and passing two flexible pipes through there. I sealed it with fast-setting expanding foam and silicon on the top. However the silicon has now peeled away, and its leaking under the bath. So, I'm looking for any ideas for some magical goo that will seal it up. The foam is still in place.

Cheers guys

post us a piccy it sounds horrible

get some jets from an old jaccuzi - stick them over the holes :idea: you gotta classy looking bath too:cool: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
lol thanks for the support guys! I'm very aware how crap it is, but as I said I had to get the shower plumbed in sharp. May box it in with some uPVC or some such. I took a picture for your amusement, will post tomorrow.

Get some fancy candles and superglue them over the holes, ladies love the candles!

hehe that would be a good idea, except that I'm married - no such thing as romance any more! They might solve the other regular bathroom related problem she causes though :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back