Sealant/Filler/Expanding Foam & Boiler Pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI guys,

I have a mouse problem that I'm attempting to fix, but what I need to know is if I can use sealant/filler or expanding foam around the pipes leading from my boiler?

I would just stuff wire wool in to scare the little buggers off but there's a big gap that's basically the skirting board where the pipes go in, so I need to fill it up.

Sponsored Links
No problem with the normal foam but if you'd prefer - have a look at Fire Retardant foam, Toolstation 85137 - and bash the moose with the can.
John :)

It might be an idea not to use highly combustible materials near an open flame, e.g. when an open flue boiler is on. Other than that, there is no reason you can not use foam near the boiler.
If your solution does not solve the mice problem, aa12 is very effective for killing mice.

Sponsored Links
Expanding foam? Mice? I think John's idea of bashing the little critter on the head with the can is the only way you'll deal with it using ex foam. The mice will absolutely love you if you spray expanding foam into your house - chewed up it makes a lovely warm bed for the winter, a nice place to breed many more mice.

or spray the mouse with the foam, see what happens.

slightly off topic, but if you can find someone who owns ferrets(!)

ask them for some of their old bedding straw. it reeks of their p i55, humans cannot smell it, mice do a runner

it honestly works ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back