Sealing a Grave Fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure wether this belongs in Joinery section or Painting section, but here goes...

I have built a fence to go around a grave. I plan to paint it bright orange, cuprinol paint or something.

I have used the fence panels themselves as stakes to be hammered into the ground, but am worried about the constant damp rotting the wood. (it is rough sawn timber)

Is there anything on the market that will completely waterproof the fence so it lasts?

I was thinking a clearcoat used for car painting or something on the lines of that, or are there any special wood sealants that would withstand constant damp?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
John

The only material which will never rot is the recycled plastics that some councils use these days. It costs quite a bit of money, but generally works like timber with the exception that you can't cut complex joints in it

If it's wood you're after using then either go for pressure-treated timber (and leave it unpainted for 3 to 6 months while the oils dry out) or go for a rot-proof timber such are redwood cedar. I'd caution you that the prices on real cedar are really high

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back