sealing a laminate worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am fitting a sink into a new laminate worktop. According to the instructions with the sink it tells me that now I have cut out the hole the sink sits into, I should seal the cut edges of the work surface. The idiot proof diagram shows something resembling a pot of paint and a brush. Unfortunately it never quite tells me what is in the pot!

I have PVA glue to hand, and some BAL tanking sealant (think this is a type of heavy duty PVA) from fitting an en-suite, and it seems that either of these would do the job, but I thought it's probably better to ask now, rather than in a few weeks when it turns out I was wrong!!

Just as an aside, it doesn't say to seal with silicon, as I expected, but helpfully supplied some sticky foam tape to run inside the lip of the sink. I presume this will do the job well enough, or they wouldn't have bothered providing it!

Thanks in advance

Andy

Sponsored Links
heeellooo andy just use whats to hand

if your gluing use pva or contact adhesive if your using silicone to seal the sink in use that if your varnishing use that
just make shure its fully coverd [the cut areas wether cut outs or cut edges

Thanks a lot.

I thought it would be ok, but thought I was best to check!

Have a good new year

Sponsored Links
i will thanks especialy tonight :D :D :D :D :D

you have a good un andy and a prosperose new year ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back