Sealing a sunshine roof

W

wkdhd

On my Honda CRV. The drainage tubes are blocked so I get a wet carpet in the driver's footwell.
The roof doesn't open either so I thought the thing to do would be to seal it up. I ran a smear of silicon round the edge of the roof from paintwork, over the rubber seal and onto the glass. Trouble is it doesn't last for too long. Can anyone suggest anything that would stick nicely to glass and paint and bridge the seal?

Sponsored Links
The best thing to do is to get the roof open and unblock the tubes, anything else is a botch that wont last.

I'm sure unblocking the tubes is the thing to do, but I'm not doing that. It's not that easy and can involve a lot of dismantling. The car isn't worth much, I just want to stop it getting wet inside

Sponsored Links
That looks good, thank you. I'll try that on a nice dry day. I'll mask it first

Only option will be to unblock the drains, or take the rubber plug out of the floor, just let the water run straight through. Oh, and you'll need an air freshener.

Check your handbook. A lot of powered sunroofs have a manual means of closing them in an emergency. Often there's a little "Allen key-like" handle that you can shove into the motor spindle an wind.

I'll just seal it up thanks. It's an S reg car and worth nothing basically. Also the roof is only over the back seats so I didn't use it even when it did work.

Ask a local garage nicely if they will blast some air down the tubes at the sunroof end with a blow gun, might sort it :D

Clean throughly round the edges and stick some duct tape over the join.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Back