Sealing between tiles and worktop - help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey every first post here, long story short i decided to completely retile my mothers kitchen a few weeks back and although it turned out pretty well i didnt anticipate having a gap between the bottom of the tiles and the worktop itself, i have posted a picture which shows the biggest gap between the two but the gap is quite abit smaller everywhere else its just the sink bows a little bit so makes it look worse! basically i know already that its too big a gap to silicone seal but too small of a gap to try and wedge something behind the worktop for the silicone to sit on top of, the last idea i had was to buy some of that expanding foam to squirt into the gap and then smooth off and silicone seal after that.

does anybody have any experience of doing this before or is it just a bad idea althogether? its been 3 weeks without a seal and id like to get it done asap so any suggestions would be a great help! ;)

img0010gzu.jpg

Sponsored Links
sear - consider a length of worktop upstand. B&Q sell the stuff in long lengths and you'll get a decent match to the existing w/t.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back