Sealing Bi-Fold Doors Internally

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My builder fitted bi-fold doors in a standard blockwork cavity wall. Internally the finish between the plasterboard and the bi-fold doors is pretty rough. As you can see in the photos over time the plaster has come away slightly from the door which does not look great

Could I seal this with anthracite sealant to tidy it up? Or is there a bigger issue here?

Thanks

Michael

Attachments

• Bi-Fold 1.jpg
    Bi-Fold 1.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 257
  • Bi-Fold 2.jpg
    Bi-Fold 2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 245
Sponsored Links
Doesn't look like a serious issue to me. Plastering right up to windows and doors never works because the pvc or aluminium will move with temperature and de-bond from the plaster. I would cut down the interface with a knife to g create a gap between the plaster and frame, then neatly seal. Alternative you could bodgers bead it with colour-matched beading if the plaster damage is too wide to cover with a bead of sealant.

Thanks very much for the response.

The gap is not too wide so the sealing option is probably what I will go for.

So you would cut the plaster to create the consistent gap and seal it so that the finish of the sealant is flush with the finish of the plaster? Rather than seal on top of the plaster?

Thanks

My bifold’s have been in over 5 years , zero cracking or movement showing .

Sponsored Links
Where I had the same issues, CT1 seemed to resolve it. And I could paint it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back