Sealing the gap behind an office worktop

Well in my case we were allocated a case of what the supplier referred to as "paintable silicone/sealant" a couple of years back to field test, and which did what he said it would, i.e. sealed like silicone and was over paintable. I can't for the life of me remember the product name (I wasn't using it directly, but it was being used around balconies that I had formed), only that it was US in origin and that the tubes were a different size to the norm. And my suggestion was tongue in cheek because I cannot find a product like this listed in the UK (but then you can't find quite a few if the things we use on the Internet in any case...). Had I found it, I'd have posted a link

You weren't one of the two to whom I referred. I just thought it odd that two different members posted the same link to the Henkel USA website.

I understand their confusion given Henkel USA decided to call the product "Paintable Silicone Supreme". The product description however uses the word hibrid [sic] rather than silicone.

I don't want DIYers to come across this site and leave thinking that silicone can be painted over.

It takes 5 minutes to apply silicone and 10(?) times longer to remove it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back