Search facility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Admin, there used to be a way to obtain search results that listed the topics in which the search tokens appeared, but I can't find a way of doing this - currently, all I can achieve is a list of posts, which takes longer to wade through.

Any advice? Has the previous feature been lost, or is there a way of specifying the way results are presented?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Admin - that seems to work brilliantly. You're a diamond! :D

Pleased to be of help Softus. You, too, are held in the highest regard. :)

Sponsored Links
Aw shucks; I give in - you can have that oatmeal raisin biscuit recipe I've been keeping to myself all these years. I hope it brings a ray of sunshine to the lives of you and Mrs Admin in these increasingly dark and dismal Autumn evenings.

What the blazes . . .
Capture-3.jpg

Softus (nee Admin)

Aw shucks; I give in - you can have that oatmeal raisin biscuit recipe I've been keeping to myself all these years.

Afraid your secret is out:
Oatmeal Raisin Biscuit Recipe

1 ¾ cup Flour
½ cup Oatmeal
2 tablespoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking powder
½ teaspoon Soda and 1/2 tsp. salt
¼ cup Butter
½ cup Raisins
¾ cup Buttermilk
Mix first 5 ingredients in bowl and cut in the butter. Add the raisins and buttermilk and stir until blended, turn out and knead 10 times. Roll out and cut and place on sheet 1" apart. Bake at 425 for 12-15 min.

dave :LOL:

That'll certainly give you some quite edible O.R. cookies, but you've missed out the secret vital missing secret essential ingredient. ;)

Softus, thank you for your enquiry. The information you need is as follows:

//www.diynot.com/forums/search.php?search_id=egosearch

But this only shows topics raised by the member. What I (and probably others) would prefer is a list of the topics which contain the searched terms. So, if you search for "Honeywell" in the plumbing section and it occurs 250 times in the posts of one topic, you only get one return, showing the first entry in the topic. After all, once you have found the topic you can scroll through it to your hearts content. It's usually the first entry which tells you if it is relevant to your problem.

D_Hailsham said:
But this only shows topics raised by the member.
That's exactly what I wanted.

What I (and probably others) would prefer is a list of the topics which contain the searched terms.
You'd better create a new topic for that need, so that Admin can ignore it without any risk of hijacking this topic.

So, if you search for "Honeywell" in the plumbing section and it occurs 250 times in the posts of one topic, you only get one return, showing the first entry in the topic.
Er, no you don't.

It's usually the first entry which tells you if it is relevant to your problem.
To be strictly accurate, no it isn't.

Softus, I tend to agree. I'm not sure what D_Hailsham is driving at here.

Thanks for the confirmation Admin; for a moment I thought I'd misunderstood.

I'll send you a quick sample of the cookies that you're missing out on.

Oh my - that was a tasty cookie! I need to get me some more of those.

Sponsored Links
Back