Search facility

In the OP

Admin, there used to be a way to obtain search results that listed the topics in which the search tokens appeared, but I can't find a way of doing this - currently, all I can achieve is a list of posts, which takes longer to wade through.

I took "search tokens" to mean the words in the query, not just the poster's name. Sorry if I did not understand the question :oops:

Softus said:
Quote:
So, if you search for "Honeywell" in the plumbing section and it occurs 250 times in the posts of one topic, you only get one return, showing the first entry in the topic.

Er, no you don't.

I meant to say that this is what I would prefer

Softus said:
Quote:
It's usually the first entry which tells you if it is relevant to your problem.

To be strictly accurate, no it isn't.

Slipshod again! The first entry containing the search term would be a better way of describing it.

Softus said:
You'd better create a new topic for that need, so that Admin can ignore it without any risk of hijacking this topic.

Three is definitely a crowd in a narcissistic conversation :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hi D_Hailsham, thanks for your suggestion. I understand what you're getting at, and I think it would be useful for people. I will definitely be addingsomething along those lines at some point in the future.

is there a way of adding that search as a 'favourite', or somewhere it's easy to click on, rather than being in the middle of a post somewhere? :) [/quote]

Sponsored Links
Theres no reason why you can't add it as a favourite in your internet explorer. Assuming you are using IE7, if you open the search screen and click your add to favourites icon it should add it.
Another way would be to right click the search button/writing and select open in new window or open in new tab.
The search button is on the menu at the top of the screen;
Search.jpg

Yep that works... :cool:
Mr(or Ms) Sparks, i owe you a beer next time i see you in a pub :)

BTW how did you do that 'cut n paste' of a sreen. and put that in a post ?
:eek:

I used the Snipping tool (Windows Vista) to create a picture file.
If you are using Windows XP, you can press PrtSc and then open MSPaint, click edit and paste, select the part of the image you want, cut it, Open a new window, Paste it and save it (usually jpeg is adequate).
Then follow gcols wonderful step by step guide on how to upload a pic:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99672

Sponsored Links
Back