New Forum Help Searching for posts with images

Sponsored Links
Someone might want to find a post containing the URL of an image they want to re-use rather than re-upload, or possibly have to re-create as well.

That's possible at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Someone might want to find a post containing the URL of an image they want to re-use rather than re-upload, or possibly have to re-create as well.
People might, indeed, want to do that (indeed, I've done it myself). However, since they will presumably be wanting to find the URL of a specific image (not 'images in general' :) ), they presumably will want to search primarily by words, and maybe author and/or date range etc. Those things should all exist in the message index/indices, so are readily searchable - but I somewhat doubt that whether or not a post contains an image would be indexed (but I could be wrong!).

Kind Regards, John

Well it used to be.

On a wider point, IIRC the search wasn't working during beta, so we never got a chance to test it.

Towards the end it was, it works at the moment but may not be fully indexed at the moment. The current index in use would have a black hole for the content posted since the beta went live and yesterday. The re-index will hopefully take place today / tonight.

Is the search term syntax documented anywhere, e.g. how to search for A or B, phrases, exclusions, wildcards etc?

I've just been playing. It is possible to include "[ url ]" or "[ img ]" (without spaces and quote marks!) as keywords for a search (along with other search words/criteria) - similarly, one can use ".JPG" (or whatever). That works, the only problem being is that it will catch links/images in quoted material within a post as well as within in the poster's new text.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Back