Seat Ibiza 1.6 sport key fob prog

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys wondering if anyone can help me?? i have a 2001 seat ibiza 1.6 sport and my c/l will not work off the key.... first things first i changed the bat in the key (its the key with lock and unlock on the key) once changed still nothing.... checked a few forums witch seemed very helpful then came across diynot.com :) i found the answer and thought i managed it. the answer was switch ignition on 1st turn wait 6 seconds no more remove key and hold lock while pressing unlock 3 times.. and then the fob flashes 5 times, now mine dose this but it also says that the car will lock/unlock to say its complete and mine would not do this?? so if anyone can help me it would be most appreciated :) cheers

Sponsored Links
i had this problem on the missus brothers car and came to the conclusion it needed a visit to the dealer for reprogramming.
it may be worth you disconnecting the battery for 30 mins and trying again once reconnected, make sure you have the radio code though!

guttin.... thanx 4 advise mate i think il just use the key in the door for now then :D

Sponsored Links
It could be a faulty door locking solenoid / motor, on the drivers door.

Wotan

Back