Second opinions, is this wall out?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No but seriously, wall is out by around 2 inches. Any ideas? I normally use grab adhesive for skirting but this will obviously not work in this case. I was thinking about drilling some countersinks into the skirting and using plugs and screws? I’m reluctant as I know it will look bowed but do I have any other options? Thanks in advance. PS I’m just a DIY’er

Attachments

• E25CB7F6-674C-4C02-9E02-9DC491C64F31.jpeg
    E25CB7F6-674C-4C02-9E02-9DC491C64F31.jpeg
    412.1 KB · Views: 97
  • F51BED39-7E8A-4D19-81F6-7BB5A4121616.jpeg
    F51BED39-7E8A-4D19-81F6-7BB5A4121616.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 108
Sponsored Links
I don’t think it is out, It looks like a slight angle.

it needs mitring.

Put cuts across the back so it will bend. Will need a few though

i’d put a 100mm pvc ‘d’ section trim on it.
6mm thick. So it won’t be proud of your architrave and will bend effortlessly to the shape of the wall.

Sponsored Links
There appears to be a bit of a lump in the middle of the wall (note the gap behind the skirting on the right side), so first thing I'd do is remove the skirting and chop that lump back (old widish chisel and a hammer or even a Surform will do the trick). You need to try and get the skirting to sit flat to the wall as that will reduce the amount you'll need to bend the skirting.

Then fix the left hand end of the skirting to the wall using screws and plugs (you may need 6 screws, fixed as pairs (one above theo other)

You can then bend the left hand into the wall and fix that with screws and plugs. I'd also drill a few (3 or 4) steeply angled pilot holes in the skirting and nail the skirting into the architrave as well.

If you flatten the skirting to the wall first I don't think there is any need to either kerf the skirtiing or put a mitre joint into it - but then I'm not there and I am working from photos, however, to me it looks like if that lump gets taken out you'll only have to bend the skirting in by about 20 to 25mm

I'd also add some big gobs of grip adhesive on the back of the skirting before fixing it

Thanks everyone, got it sorted. Had some double sided tape and has done the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back