second soil pipe

1.000 metre divided by 40 = 25mm,so every 1 metre is 25mm fall.To be honest I'm just telling you what it should be,if you can't get that fall don't worry as long you have a fall but not level.I have use 82mm instead of 110mm underground pipe under the floorboards for the 2nd toilet with only a slight fall as I didn't have much room and has no problem with it.

Sponsored Links
masona, thanks for your help i think thats sorted everything out i just need to find out about wether or not i need some kind of permission to do this the inspection chamber is in my garden so maybe i will ok

cheers dave

1:40 means for every 40m of pipe run, you need to drop 1m.
Your 7m pipe needs to drop 175mm (17.5cm) this is a minimum.
You can safely exceed this but any less and you could be up to your kneck in s@@t :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:, through blockage problems.

anyone know about minimum depth of plastic drains i found some imformation which states the minimum depth for plastic pipe in gardens is 600mm , the deapest any pipe in my inspection chamber is 340mm and if i lay the new drain at the other end it will be only 165mm which seems very shallow, however the existing pipes which are at 340mm have been in since the house was built over 18 years ago and have been no problem.

Sponsored Links
Sometime you can't meet the regulation,so just do the best you can and as long you know the pipe is there don't put anything heavy above it.Normally it the mains water feed (blue or lead pipe) that need to be 600mm below ground level for protection of frost,so in your case there won't be any permanent water in your drain pipe for frost,so I wouldn't worry about it as it's in your garden.The building inspector passed your drains system when it was built !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back