secondary hot water return query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first post so many thanks in advance. Im currently installing a new unvented cylinder with a hot water return circuit. I am not familiar with these return circuits, so wanted to query something. The cylinder is on ground level in garage. Hot water circuit leaves the cylinder and splits to first floor and ground floor. The hot water return also splits and goes up to first floor and down to ground floor. where can i tee the return pipe from the ground floor to the return pipe going into cylinder, to ensure the hot water flows around the first floor and the ground floor return circuit. Im logically thinking about teeing in behind the bronze pump, (negative side) so that it hoipefuly pulls the hotwater from both the first floor and ground floor, sorry if this sounds complicated but like i said (my first post) cheers

Sponsored Links
You may need to fit DRV's (Double regulating Valves) to each return leg at the point where they common up on the suction side of the pump for balancing purposes ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back