Secret Forums

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One huge advantage of the internet is the ability to chat to others, exchange views, and glean useful information.

How then does DIYNOT justify a secret forum for CORGI only members. I find it very difficult to imagine what a CORGI man has to say that is not for the eyes of the great unwashed. Who checks that a CORGI man is actually a CORGI man?

Noswarp

[/u]

Sponsored Links
One huge advantage of the internet is the ability to chat to others, exchange views, and glean useful information.

How then does DIYNOT justify a secret forum for CORGI only members. I find it very difficult to imagine what a CORGI man has to say that is not for the eyes of the great unwashed. Who checks that a CORGI man is actually a CORGI man?

Noswarp

[/u]
Maybe you can start your own forum and ask stupid questions on there.

what do they discuss? just breeding and handling, i personally dont like pets but if plumbers need dogs thats their look out.

Sponsored Links
they have to enter their CORGI registration number to register for the forum.. I assume it's checked..

there's all sorts of things that the likes of us lowly mortals are not to be privvy to..

it's probably like the crap we sparkies end up geting into that might confuse the DIYer.. stuff that they don't necesarily need to know..

what do they discuss? just breeding and handling, i personally dont like pets but if plumbers need dogs thats their look out.

I would respectfully point out that all RGI's are not plumbers,
that all plumbers are not RGI's

and I do have a little dog :LOL:

I would respectfully point out that all RGI's are not plumbers,
that all plumbers are not RGI's

and I do have a little dog :LOL:

ooo get you, it was just a comment!!!!!!!!!

plumber / handy man, not much diff really!!!!

;) ;)

ooo get you, it was just a comment!!!!!!!!!

plumber / handy man, not much diff really!!!!

;) ;)

as a JIB Approved electrician and an RGI, I could'nt possibley comment

:LOL: :LOL:

and i still have a little dog ;)

It would be highly irresponsible for us to openly discuss practical advice on setting up a gas valve for instance in case that information was used by a DIYer to attempt to do it himself.

Where gas safety is involved its very important to ensure that only qualified people with the qualification and test equipment work on gas.

Electricity does not leak out and explode if you scrape some insulation off the wires.

You can also easily measure the current flowing inside an insulated wire without disturbing the insulation. Not so with gas in a pipe. ( usually )

Gas will leak from the smallest hole and mix with air and produce an explosive mixture if the gas is between 5-15% of the mix. Even a very small spark from static electricity can then ignite it.

Tony

And why do Corgi, Publicly state that DIY gas is not a problem in this Country.

Get of your high horse, you will not stop DIY gas, and these guys are not as stupid as you would like to think. If you don't want to offer advice and help, fine let them get on with it. Then when it goes wrong you can say "I told you so"

Perhaps a few of you cowboys should stop and think why people DIY,

"They can't afford your stupid prices"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7176369.stm

isnt that isnt sobering enough?

_44341853_southway_aerial_203.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back