Secret Forums

Yeah, but there is not even a hint that DIY gas played any part at all in that awful tradegy.

Sponsored Links
The fact is one of the old couple left the gas turned on. And had nothing to do with DIY gas.

Perhaps I should post the BG incident where TEN Engineers all got it wrong before the young lady died.

Having slept on the topic.

Does anyone know of an single DIY gas that has caused an death, and of any Court case whereas an DIY gas man has been charged.

I cannot

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news...stallation-was-a-risk-to-life-91466-20397918/

http://www.lhc.org.uk/members/pubs/newslet/91dh.pdf
page 6

This warning followed the prosecution
of Mr Christopher O’Mahoney and his
company Gas R Us Limited of Wandsworth
who were fined £2,200 with costs of £8,120
following a series of gas safety offences.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/docs/areas/2004/ar2004norfolk.pdf
page 6

Landlord Stanley Rodgers and his
assistant Barry Stone, were jailed
for the manslaughter of two young
men in April 2004.

not to mention 1968 the Ronan Point disaster when a gas explosion partly destroyed a block of flats killing 4 people.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, but there is not even a hint that DIY gas played any part at all in that awful tradegy.

I quite agree, the point was made to demonstrate the serious nature and danger of gas, not to infer it was a diy job gone wrong.

I can't see anything wrong in having a closed forum for Corgi members.

But why not use it as a way of showing which posters were Corgi reg and which were not? Something in the profile for example. It would help differentiate the posts of amateur DIYers from those of (alleged) professionals.

Its usually fairly obvious to me which postings are from well informed gas qualified people because of the terminology they use and the advice they give.

Not that obvious to a DIYer though!

Even some CORGI registered people on here give some inaccurate and sometimes dangerous information. Particularly those who hide their identity.

I take the view that its unsafe to give detailed advice to a DIYer on matters they are unlikely to be competent in and for which they are unlikely to have the necessary test equipment.

If they were competent then most would not need to be asking the question in the first place!

Tony

Its usually fairly obvious to me which postings are from well informed gas qualified people because of the terminology they use and the advice they give.

Not that obvious to a DIYer though!

Even some CORGI registered people on here give some inaccurate and sometimes dangerous information. Particularly those who hide their identity.

I take the view that its unsafe to give detailed advice to a DIYer on matters they are unlikely to be competent in and for which they are unlikely to have the necessary test equipment.

If they were competent then most would not need to be asking the question in the first place!

Tony

I got all the kit Tony and know how to use it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wanna buy a 4 foot manometer cheap :LOL:

Wanna buy a 4 foot manometer cheap

I,m intrested in buying your manometer.
Does it come with a calibration certificate?
Does it give accurate burner pressures eg 13.6 m/bar
Is it the one that folds and bends like a stretch armstrong doll.
If i buy one does it make me a heating engineer?
Why is it 4' long, oh I see you play with LPG to
Is it more accurate than an electronic meter.

All the kit and no idea= big bang ouch :evil:

Doitall

Dont sell your manometre, there is already enough iself taught idiots out there

Sponsored Links
Back