Secret nail cladding?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, bit of a long shot this, but does anyone know where I can get treated TGV cladding that has an offset groove so it can be secret nailed easily?

The profile I want is like this https://www.spahaustimber.co.uk/product/siberian-larch-secret-nail-tgv-cladding-sp03/ but only after common or garden softwood rather than larch or anything.

I've looked everywhere I can think of and haven't found it. I don't really understand why though as it seems hugely superior to ordinary tongue and groove to me where splitting the tongue must be a real issue when trying to secret nail.

I'm I'm west London and would need it delivered. Thought it was worth an ask just in case!

Sponsored Links
not sure what the problem is ??
if we assume a 1/3 split
you nail into the top off the tongue at 45degrees into the"L" until flush so the nail appears through the back double the tongue thickness back from the shoulder

Just seems like that's much more likely to split to me than an offset profile as the nail would be so close to the tongue. I've never nailed cladding before but from what I've read splitting can be a problem so I'm trying to mininise the risk.

I'll get ordinary T&G if I have to, but if I can find offset then I'll use that instead

Just seems like that's much more likely to split to me than an offset profile as the nail would be so close to the tongue. I've never nailed cladding before but from what I've read splitting can be a problem so I'm trying to mininise the risk.

I'll get ordinary T&G if I have to, but if I can find offset then I'll use that instead

Use light gauge crown staples and a pneumatic gun and you'll reduce the risk of splitting greatly. Either that or pilot holes and screws but that'll take more time and be more costly.

Should be able to find it at builders/gardening merchants?

Sponsored Links
Yea I saw those in Toolstation and thought they looked good so got those in the end and ordinary TGV cladding, I'm sure I'll manage!

These
L-GoFix-MS.jpg

From here

https://russwood.co.uk/shop/cladding/installation/l-gofixms/

(y)

Yes but they look good!

Lovely flush finish with no split or surface indent. I'll give those TS ones a try though to compare

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back