secret nailing reclaimed pine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I am about to lay reclaimed pine over concrete. I have battoned itd and plan to secret nail it at 30 cm spacing.
The boatrds are 8 inch wide
space was tight so the battons are only 2" x "1....not ideal
Do people think the secret nails will be enough or should i put some through top as well.

any help greatly appriciated

B

Sponsored Links
What sort of board's are they T&G etc..? what fixings are you using,?I wouldn't have thought reclaimed pine boards would be clean enough to bother secret nailing if they have allready been nailed through? send a few pic's

my neigbour bought some reclaimed floor board from a "mill" they where 8" without nail holes
turns out they had converted the floor joists into 1" planks and just planed one face

my neigbour bought some reclaimed floor board from a "mill" they where 8" without nail holes
turns out they had converted the floor joists into 1" planks and just planed one face

yeh Ive seen used to good effect a chippie I worked with in Eastbourne was fitting out a a ex ww2 radar station and did the ceiling and floor in that fasion and it looked the biz

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back