Secruity light with dusk moation sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. I took down the security light outside my front door to repaint the wall. in my haste of disconnecting the light i did not take note which cable went into the terminal block to the power.
It is a 4 hole terminal block which has SL,L,N,E.

The light has two lines (One from the light/one from the sensor), two neutals (One from the light/ one from the sensor) and one supply line from the sensor and one earth.
The light is a Micromark MM7571 100W with dusk moation sensor.
I have cabled it the supply line to L and the lines from the light and the senor into SL however the light is not currently working.
Please could someone let me know what cable i should be putting into the terminal block as i just can't seem to get my head aroudn it? :confused:

Thanks in advance
Hazza

Sponsored Links
I am no electrician but I would think the SL terminal stands for switched live and should go to the lamp. L is the incoming live. N neutral should have two wires connected incoming neutral, and neutral to the lamp.
E earth self explanatory.
Also worth checking, has the lamp bulb failed?

Wotan

Hi,

The bulb is fine as i have tested this.
I have put neutral to neutral and earth to earth.
I'm a bit confused what goes into the last terminal blocks SL & L would i fit the supply line into the SL terminal and fit the line from the light into the other side of the terminal and put the line from the sensor into the L terminal?

Thanks again
Hazza

Just to confirm you have:

A live feed cable bringing the LNE from a switch or fused spur.
A cable for a light
A cable for the sensor

???

So the live feed cable goes direct or via a join to the sensor LNE, the cable to the lamp goes N to N and E to E, and the live feed core of that cable goes to the SL Switched live.

Think about it, the sensor requires a LNE to activate, when activated it switches the SL which make the circuit on for the light.

Sponsored Links
Just to confirm you have:

A live feed cable bringing the LNE from a switch or fused spur.
A cable for a light
A cable for the sensor

???

So the live feed cable goes direct or via a join to the sensor LNE, the cable to the lamp goes N to N and E to E, and the live feed core of that cable goes to the SL Switched live.

Think about it, the sensor requires a LNE to activate, when activated it switches the SL which make the circuit on for the light.
Wich is exactly as I said.

Wotan

When you mention all these wires, are they are the internal wiring of the fitting, or are they the external cables running to the fitting?

We need pictures really to proceed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back