Securespark?

petewood said:
The pope isn't making statements on anything at the moment.

I think he sort of makes a gargling sound at the moment due to being so old and crusty his muslces don't work, his brain has decayed and his common sense has never existed! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
No disrespect intended to the pope. He was the right man for the job at the time. I fear his problem may very well be that he is not ga-ga, but stuck inside a body that is not doing very well.

I meant, the Catholic church is headed by a man who is God's appointee. When he speaks officially, then he speaks for God, and thus can not be disputed.

If you are a mod and say so, then it can be rather difficult to take sides in an argument or say what you might like to. Someone is certain to get upset.

Damocles said:
If you are a mod and say so, then it can be rather difficult to take sides in an argument or say what you might like to. Someone is certain to get upset.

I can appreciate that sometime it can be a thankless task, I have neeb a Mod on several forums, sometime simultaneously, and also been the admin of boards. It can be difficult to be independent in a disagreement, but so long as one keeps out of personal disagreements, and only attempts to ghead them off before they start then it can be done. Although the hard part sometimes is having to come down on those you like when they step outside the box.

I think the old saying "Walk softly, but carry a big stick" is most appropriate. You are entitled to your opinion, mob and admin hats aside, and of course you cannot agree with everyone as that would make you look foolish, but putting your point across intelligently and without aggression in the post, or personal comments is not as difficult as it sounds, and from the posts I have seen you do, you do achieve this admirably well.

Hello Jim, How is it going? haven't seen you for a long time. Hope all's well.

Carlos

Sponsored Links
Damocles said:
I meant, the Catholic church is headed by a man who is God's appointee. When he speaks officially, then he speaks for God, and thus can not be disputed.

Just think of the games of "Simon Says" you could play if you had his job... ;)

There is something that really bugs me every time I have been to Italy:

1) Contraception is banned by the Catholic church
2) Italians are mainly Catholic
3) Italian girls are totally hot...
WHERE ARE ALL THE YOUNG MOTHER'S?! :confused:

This is exasperated by the fact that they bloom young and fade rapidly, you would need to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak.

Is this (like our approach to alcohol) yet another way that those in northern Europe differ from those in southern Europe? :eek:

Carloss said:
Hello Jim, How is it going? haven't seen you for a long time. Hope all's well.

Carlos

Hello Carlos..it's not too bad, how about you? Still use MSN Messenger?

Hello, Things are ok i guess... a few problems but im sure i'll get them sorted.
Still studying 2360 part2, going good.
Yes i still have msn messenger, don't come on very often, do you still sign on?

Carlos

Sorry I haven't been around too much lately - combination of too many children (my own fault!!), dabbling in the world of paramedics, and juggling Secure Electrical all the while.

My e-mail address is still very much live, but I did have a problemo with my net connection - it went down because my card number changed and the ISP tried to debit using the old number....

That is partly why I have not appeared on DIYnot recently and also why I have not replied to e-mails.

Nice to know I'm missed!

Sorry doomed, not sure that sounded quite right. It was foot I meant, but it came out as stars. Had another one out of the sack today, big as your foot. Different sort to the last ones and still they are bigger than *****

Sponsored Links
Back