Securing a WC to the floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a WC (close-coupled) where there is only one pair of screw holes to secure to the (solid) floor. This leaves the WC not as rigid as I would like and I wonder if anybody can suggest whether or not I can use some type of adhesive to add to the stability?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
best way to fix pan to concrete/screed floor is on sand/cement mortar bed
, a little messy but once cured it ain't going anywhere,can still use 2* fixings aswell but not required,just cosmetic

Hands up anyone who hasn't seen silicone or Gripfil used...
They usually work.

Well the cement idea would obviously make the WC secure, but what happens should trhe connector start weeping and need replacing? So with a view to possible WC removal being required I think I'll go for the silicone. Thanks guys. :)

Sponsored Links
I just used silcon to fix mine down with as well as the screws - spot on, its not moving anywhere. Also, the toilet i bought said not to use a sand/cement motar mix. the whole reason for me replacing the toilet in the first place was because the old toilet was cemented in place and had cracked over the years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back