How to safely screw a WC Toilet in place

Sponsored Links
So if yo don't screw the toilet to the floor, what do you do to disguise the holes?

I would only ever screw it to the floor. If it was tiles with ply underneath, go through the tile with a 10mm tile bit, then secure the toilet using 40 or 50mm no5 or no6 brass screws, then plastic caps over the screw tops

In our house the toilet cistern was being held to the wall by the 2 pipes coming in the bottom, and the connection to the floor part, so when you pushed the flush down, the cistern rocked. Was great fun drilling holes through the cistern fixing holes into the block wall. Was praying that the cistern didn't crack, as the drill fit was touching it due to the angle of the drill!

You put two dobs of White silicone over the holes, spray, and smooth off

I was not a diyer but was a bathroom installer. I was paid many thousands of pounds to fit lots of wet rooms and bathrooms. If this was a bodge or looked naff I would never have got paid.

You can screw it if you want, this is just a different method that works.

You would not be able to move the toilet, which is the point, whether it is called silione or not, maybe I could rebrand some, super toilet pan fixer then everyone would be happy
:LOL: :LOL:

You would not be able to move the toilet, which is the point, whether it is called silione or not, maybe I could rebrand some, super toilet pan fixer then everyone would be happy
:LOL: :LOL:

Until you need to remove pan in order to clear blocked soil pipe......then you have to remove old silicone and redo.
I still use fixing screws with cover then run sealant around pan for neat finish.

Also a basin still need to be screwed to wall as silicone isn't enough to hold in case a kid tried to climb up.

If a toilet or basin has screw holes, still need screws.

Dan.

Sponsored Links
If your running a bead around for a neat finish, it's the same thing.

I'm not talking about bedding the pan on a whole tube of silicone!

Just run the bead, let it set, then try to move the pan, you won't be able to.

But still fix the screws if you wish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back