Securing a wire at height problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have power that runs from my house to my garage, that was installed when I moved here. It's run overhead and is secured to a metal wire attached to the side of the house and the garage. The cable has been secured to the metal wire with zip ties but they are starting to fail. It's too high in the middle for me to reach with a ladder. Is there a telescopic tool available to secure two wires together? Or is there another solution other than buying a big A frame ladder?

Sponsored Links
Can you reach one end?
It might be possible to add fixings at one end (like rings) and slide them along.
Although they might just slide afterwards

Probably easier to hire an A frame or scaf tower for a day

Replace with weather resistant cable ties, use short ones applied at the end , partially close and slide along line with pole using mole grips locked on to tail of tie, then you should be able to pull tight and release [mole grips taped to end of pole].

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back