securing greenhouse to block paving

E

EddieM

Anyone got any thoughts on the best way to do this, probably be an ali greenhouse?

I would add more detail if I could but haven't got the said greenhouse yet! (have got block paving though)

Sponsored Links
You might need to drill and rawlplug to the bricks if you feel that the weight won't hold it in place?

However there might be a lip on the bottom frame that you could use to add paving slabs on top of?
Or pop rivet a piece of Ali/steel then addpaving inside and out to hold it down.

Never looked at one properly

Doing one myself soon, plan is to cement a row of engineering bricks to the paving. I have sourced some recycled plastic "wood" (120mm x 35mm) it is brown and grained like timber. As it is rot proof the plan is to screw it to the brick with stainless screws, then wood screw the alli to the timber so it makes fixing easy and doubles as a dpc. A bead of silicone under the timber and under the alli should form a good seal.
Do not fix alli directly to brick or cement it will corrode thats why alli windows have a timber frame.
P S I should say mine is on paving slabs bedded on cement not blocks on sand still should work though.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I just recently dug out an aluminium greenhouse and the plinth/upstand was not rusted at all, it spent 15+ years sitting in mud. I do like the idea of screwing to a timber base plate though and agree with all the rest

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back