Securing light fitting cup to ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a light fitting which I have wired up fine but have a problem with securing the cup to the ceiling. It is meant to be held in place with a small grub screw but that hasn't worked - it slides down the central column. I have got a replacement screw from the manufacturer and that didn't work either. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Make a screw hole from the other side of the cup?
Build out the centre with some tape
use some glue/blue tack/ putty etc

Post a photo of the fitting if none are any help

If it needs Blu-Tak and glue to stay in place, it sounds very unfit for purpose. Too much of this sort of stuff on the market these days.

PJ

Sponsored Links
It is a very poor design for that bit but quite nice looking light otherwise. From John Lewis so you wouldn't expect trash, but it has been a real pain.

If its able to hold in place for a short while then some clear silicon just at the point the stem exits the cup. Great adhesive that stuff and can be deglued (!!) when neeeded without too much effort.

Have you tried superglue? it works wonders on such areas - the phone socket in my room came loose from its mounting frame - a few drops of superglue solved it - left overnight to reach full strength - it is now solidly bonded into its mounting frame on the wall. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for all the ideas. 3 blobs of blu-tack stuck to the inside of the cup and to the ceiling with No more nails glue seems to have done the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back