Security Alarm System - Assistance Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm upgrading my home alarm control panel and have purchased a Texecom Veritas R8 from my local electrical suppliers along with ADE Reson8 Bell Box (keeping the existing PIRs). Having connected up all the PIRs and tested them via the walk through ok but connecting the bellbox is becoming a problem as the guide to both bell box and control panel use different terminology for their connections and having taken a best guess at which wire should go where the fuse blows on me or the strobe does not light on testing (I've got the siren working on its own). Can anyone assist with the wiring of this please?

Bell Box connectors are labelled as follows

RTN - (T)
Hold Off + (D)
Hold Off - (A)
Trig (B)
Strb

Control Panel

Strb
0V
Tamp
Bell+
12V

The Strb -Stb I can manage but if someone can point me in the right direction.

Having checked both instruction manuals they seem to confuse me even further. If anyone can assist I would be really greatful.

thanks

AR

Sponsored Links
RTN - (T) > Tamp (Control Panel)
Hold Off + (D) > 12V (Control Panel)
Hold Off - (A) > 0V (Control Panel)
Trig (B) > Bell+ (Control Panel)
-Strb > -Strb (Control Panel)

RTN - (T) ----------------tamp
Hold Off + (D) ----------bell +
Hold Off - (A)------------0v
Trig (B)-------------------bell – (?)
Strb ----------------------strb

veritas R8's have negative triggers I think

Sponsored Links
Har_vey said:
RTN - (T) ----------------tamp
Hold Off + (D) ----------bell +
Hold Off - (A)------------0v
Trig (B)-------------------bell – (?)
Strb ----------------------strb

veritas R8's have negative triggers I think

Indeed, sorry got it round the wrong way, I've confused my self now, lol. Its a lot easier when your up the ladder at the bell box. :LOL:

especially when it's going dark and starting to rain! :D

:D :D :D SUPERB - MANY THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!! :D :D :D

Rewired and now tested. Working perfectly, well the bellbox is still on the floor but the wiring works along with the strobe and the siren all I need to now is go up the ladder to mount it on the wall. Any volunteers

thanks

AR :D :D

Check your Veritas instruction manual, they normally show the connections for bell enclosures of other brands .

Also vice versa, check your bell enclosure instructions to see if it contains the connections for Texecom panels.

Other than that, the above statements seem correct, although it sepends whether you have set it up for +ve or -ve bell trigger!!!

jondiy said:
Check your Veritas instruction manual, they normally show the connections for bell enclosures of other brands .

Also vice versa, check your bell enclosure instructions to see if it contains the connections for Texecom panels.

Other than that, the above statements seem correct, although it sepends whether you have set it up for +ve or -ve bell trigger!!!

I did checl out the Veritas manual but it was even more confusing than connecting it up with the labelling on the board. The bell box only had basic instructions. All now working ok anyhow.

All done. Bell box on the outside wall and alarm now working great. Many thanks for the help.

For all you robbers out there just you try breaking now....
:evil: :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back