Security Camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an entry camera, the type that can be bought at any electronics or DIY store. It connects to a TV scart socket. No problem with that. But die to digital switchover, thought I would use an additional switched scart socket I have and know works on another set with DVD etc. I have plugged the camera into the scart and all OK but if I plug the extension scart into the TV and the camera into the extension, I get nothing. Anybody help please?

Sponsored Links
Extension scart? simply to make the scart longer?

It could be that the scart is not fully wired. Many only connect the essential pins. However, I would have thought the camera would be simply using composite and audio which are present in all scarts.

Are you sure the scart extension is not faulty? If it works with a DVD Player it could simply be that the DVD is not using the composite cores of the scart, but instead using RGB for example. The composite cores could be faulty.

Is possibly a Scart Link cable where the connections are exchanged to connect outputs to inputs ?

Is possibly a Scart Link cable where the connections are exchanged to connect outputs to inputs ?

Thats very true, expecially if you are simply using a piggy back scart to scart joiner. Some of these are wired straight through and others cross over as required.

Sponsored Links
Thanks but in the end gave up. Took a trip to Maplins to buy a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back