Security Light with integral pir.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to replace a pir which activated a now inwanted low wattage external light with a proper security light including an integral pir. The existing wiring allows for manual override by a normal domestic light switch inside the kitchen. Two externally run cables end at the existing chock bloc to the old pir, each with line neutral and earth. However the new light assembly reveals one white cable running from the pir into the bloc. Could anyone offer me either instruction or a wiring diagram for this please?

Sponsored Links
Does the wiring allow for manual override or is that feature incorporated in the old PIR?

Your wiring sounds like it is just a wall switch-fed supply to the PIR with a cable leaving it to connect to the light fitting.

If the manual override was via the wiring, you would expect to see a triple and earth leaving the building for the PIR (unless someone has done something extremely naughty with the cpc).

Do you have a picture of the old PIR when it was wired up so we can see the connections?

You are right, it is a wall switch-fed supply to the pir with a cable leaving it to the light fitting and it was what was incorporated in the old pir.

I'm sorry but I dont have a picture of the previous wiring-mea culpa!

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your interest. Its a Homebase product but today my neighbour's electrician has agreed to sort me out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back