Security light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all

Pls can you offer your advice/opinions on the following:

I am aware the work is notifiable.

I am wanting to install a PIR security light for my dettached garage.

My current set up in the garage is a 2 way consumer unit consisting of a 20amp MCB which supplies 4 sockets on a radial and a 6amp MCB which supplies 3 lights all working off 1 switch.

The security light is 500W , am I best wiring this into the exisitng lighting circuit using 1.5mm2 and using a 3 amp FCU or would you suggest I use 2.5mm2 cable and running it from a socket again with a 3 amp FCU ?

Cheers

Ste

Sponsored Links
put in several smaller lights, looks better, less wories, and if 1 lamp goes others are still working

put in several smaller lights, looks better, less wories, and if 1 lamp goes others are still working

Hi

I have 3 lights in the garage , my aim is to install a PIR security on the outside wall of the garage.

Are you suggesting more than 1 light on the outside wall ?

Sponsored Links
OK,

Thanks for your suggestion however I want the light to be a PIR rather than a light that is operated via a on/off switch as the the garage is dettached which more or less rules out a switch from the house , should I decide to go with 1 PIR security light can you advise if its best to wire it into the lighting or into the radial ?

When you mentioned several smaller lights did you mean via a on/off switch or were you suggesting PIR's

Cheers again

Ste

what ever takes your fancy.

you can get stand alone pirs that will operate lights.

you may also want to read this

Hi

Ive decided to use 1 PIR security light 500W for the outside wall of the garage ?

Can I use 2.5mm2 cable to a 3amp FCU from a socket on a radial circuit ?

Thanks

Ste

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back