Security lighting by Quinetic ... need recommendations for a wifi PIR now

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while back I put in LED flood lighting - separate circuits for each side of the house (it's quite a large property). I experimented with being able to turn these on and off with a quinetic wifi controller:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/QURW03.html

These are controlled by an app from a phone and work well but I'm now ready for the next stage. I'd like to add PIR sensing to each of the circuits and also think about a more integrated approach to automation. I tried buying a couple of these...

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/QUPIR.html

...to play with but they have very limeted range (the manufacturer says 10m and I'm assuming that means without walls in the way. I managed 6 at best ... so for my use case these were pointless). They also look cheaply and poorly constructed...maybe last a winter or two. Nothing like the steinel kit I've seen.

The quinetic stuff appears to be difficult to integrate with anything else so I may well have to replace the switches but I'd rather not as they are pretty good!

So, what I'm looking for is:

1) A way to integrate PIR into the mix without adding loads more cabling. I can run power for the PIR detectors but I'd prefer the control to be wireless. Any ideas that integrate with the existing quinetic switches
OR
2) A solution that replaces the wifi switches with a more easily integrate-able solution that allows PIR detection/trigger to be mapped to the different security lighting circuits.

I'm happy to introduce a central hub into the system ... home assistant or similar ... and I'm trying to bring all this together in a homekit front end and currently have an install of hoobs that I'm playing with.

I'm been reading tonnes of stuff around HA but not found a suitable route to follow. Any advice would be more than appreciated!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back