Sedona intermittent wiper not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2003 Sedona, and the intermittent wiper has stopped working.
googlefu has failed me, with the only others I have found suggesting fuses (well, duh) or wipers failing to park as well as no intermittent.

Mine is simply no intermttent wipe, the single wipe when you push the stalk is fine, as is normal and fast, they also park fine, I have looked for a relay to no avail, and there are no blown fuses anywhere.

Im reluctant to pull the stalk off, as its apparently all one peice both sides, and the steering wheel has to come off (a replacement comes with a new clock spring) and I dont fancy messing with airbags.
any suggestions???

Sponsored Links
if may be the wiper mechanism is seized?
might be worth finding a 'FORUM' for your type of car,that way you should be able to read there faqs about your car.

Hello Tim
I know very little about Kia systems (as do the dealers, seemingly), but intermittent wipers are controlled by either the wiper relay itself (which has a timing module built into it) or by a separate timing module.
Back to the dealers with your registration number, I think....surely they'll come up with something!
John :)

Sponsored Links
cheers, might be a trip to the dealers then, tried a couple of Kia forums, and no one seems to be any wiser, mainly because it parks ok, apparently whatever controls the intermittent controls the parking, so logic is out of the window.

I beleive it has a seperate timing module in the stalk (which like I said is all one, requiring removal of the steering wheel)

It might end up as one of those annoyances that never gets fixed...

Back