Seeing what you're doing when painting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it best to paint with natural light? I use the torch thing when I can't see clearly for drips etc
DSC_0111.JPG

Sponsored Links
Always use natural light if you can, otherwise you may be horrified in the morning. But a light can be good for checking for shadows and imperfections.

Always use natural light if you can, otherwise you may be horrified in the morning. But a light can be good for checking for shadows and imperfections.

So paint during the day and keep all the curtains open. But what if you can't get the sunlight to that area? Is my big light thing the next best alternative? I have this halogen light as well, very bright.

So paint during the day and keep all the curtains open

Definitely; and if it's overcast, then add the halogen light; you'll soon notice the difference. Ceilings can be a real sod when it's overcast, trying to see where new paint has gone on.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back