Seeking advice: electric shower issue (kettling / repairable / replacement?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just looking for some advice - moved into a new property in last 3 months.

Today when taking a shower, AQUALISA Power Shower cut-out, and when tried to turn back on - v.low water flow coming through.

Finished the shower in another bathroom - water pressure was fine for that shower (non-electric).

Left it 10mins and tried to turn the electric shower on again, seems somewhat noisy, and the water temperature is very hot (even at low settings). So have left it for now.

From my online research, it sounds like the electric shower is 'kettling' every 30 seconds or so, and then running fine for 30 seconds.

Rinse repeat etc (pun intended).

I'm OK with DIY but not a plumbing expert - is this something I need to get a tradesman out for, any ideas on issue?

Thanks so much

Sponsored Links
It sounds like your shower is starved of cold water.....power showers require equal pressures of hot and cold water, and the pressure is boosted by an internal pump.
Can you check for isolator valves in the supply?
John

Its not clear (to me anyhow) if its a shower with hot and cold water supplies or as the OP implies, a full electric pumped shower, Aquilasa make both but I think the aqualisa power shower does refer to the former.
If its a full electric shower turn the temperature setting to fully cold and measure the flow rate, you should get a minimum of 8LPM, it will require a minimum of 3.6LPM assuming a low (1/2) power setting of 5kw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back