Seems expensive £?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've stripped the wallpaper off our bedroom and some of the plaster has come off one wall to reveal the original block work, about 5 sqm. After that's been fixed I want the complete room skimmed, total area is 20 sqm.

I've had a guy look at it, he said he will come round and 'hardwall' the 5 sqm, then come back and skim the rest of the room; 20 sqm.

He wants £445, the house is in Suffolk, not London.

Is this too much?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Really need it done next week and I can't get anyone else round to quote, they're all busy.

If this guy is in the ball park I'm happy to book him, I just hate to be ripped off

Sponsored Links
I've tried 12 local plasterers over the weekend, most were on answer phone, only 3 called back. I went back to the £445 guy, he's agreed to do it for £350 now. Thanks for your help Steve.

Still dear bud its a days work if he does it over 2 days he's stretching it looks look me he's plucking his figures out of the air 445 then 350

20 square metres for a whole bedroom? Are you sure? Sounds like a tiny room....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back