Selecting a shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's another one for you...

I'm planning to refit my downstairs bathroom and want to install a shower cubicle with a nice powerful new shower. I will only have the one shower to start with but I may want to add a second shower upstairs in the future.

Question is what type should I choose, it seems the options are endless!?!

I currently have a pumped, vented system with mains cold feed and standard hot water cylinder and feed tank. My boiler is Ideal Classic System FF240. I was considering whether to replace the hot water cylinder and tank with an unvented cylinder to get high pressure hot and cold to feed a thermosatic mixer shower - is this a good idea?. Then I thought I should get a power shower and keep the cylinder. Hmmm...

Unsurprisingly I don't have endless cash :D but I do want a decent powerful shower.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Get an integral power shower, Triton or Mira, nice and straight forward and not too complicated, easy replaced when nacked.

Sponsored Links
Why would an integral power shower be easier to replace when it gets 'knacked'? If you're talking about getting scaled up surely a cheaper mixer shower unit (with a more expensive unvented cylinder) would be cheaper to replace?
I'd like to go for the 'designer look' so I'd like to avoid having one of those plastic units in the shower. Can I just fit a pump to a thermostatic shower? What about balancing flow rates etc?
I'm also wondering what size tank and cylinder I might need to make this work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back