Selective censorship

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday, it appeared that 'I have insufficient privileges' to respond to the 'I agree with Donald Trump' thread.
I thought at first it must have been locked (as happens frequently on here), but others have been posting there since then, and also this morning.
There seem to be no such restrictions on other threads, though.

Why?

Has JD taken out a personal vendetta for some reason?

Sponsored Links
All northerners are underpriviledged. A well balanced northerner is one with a chip on both shoulders.

Sorry, just kidding. Dunno. Maybe they determined that you had too much intelligence to contribute at the same level as other posts in that thread?

Same for me. I replied to WWT and there was nothing in that post that was inappropriate, probably one of the least offensive posts I have ever made. I guess they want to eliminate anyone with a different view. Dikheds
If that is the case, the mods responsible fail to understand a basic concept: censorship will never change opinions.
(I've never heard that phrase before, so I'd like it to be attributed to me if ever quoted in future!)

Sponsored Links
All northerners are underprivileged.
I'd half-agree with that statement.
It really depends upon which side of the Pennines you are talking about.

I suppose you would agree that deporting the least intelligent Yorkshire folk to Lancashire would be doing both counties a service as it would simultaneously raise the average IQ of both Lancashire and Yorkshire?

Last edited:
Same for me. I replied to WWT and there was nothing in that post that was inappropriate, probably one of the least offensive posts I have ever made. I guess they want to eliminate anyone with a different view. Dikheds
If that is the case, the mods responsible fail to understand a basic concept: censorship will never change opinions.
(I've never heard that phrase before, so I'd like it to be attributed to me if ever quoted in future!)

I don't think that is really so. If for example abhorrent views are repeated, they can gain traction, and become accepted. The young could gain the idea that such views are acceptable. Then it becomes ingrained in society.

America tends to agree with you, free speech is allowed unless it is clearly incitement to violence. They are far more liberal in that sense.

I suppose you would agree that deporting the least intelligent Lancastrians to Yorkshire would be doing both counties a service as it would simultaneously raise the average IQ of both Lancashire and Yorkshire?
I assume that you are aware that the opposite is true, but are just saying that as an attempt at humour.

I don't think that is really so. If for example abhorrent views are repeated, they can gain traction, and become accepted. The young could gain the idea that such views are acceptable. Then it becomes ingrained in society.

America tends to agree with you, free speech is allowed unless it is clearly incitement to violence. They are far more liberal in that sense.
There is an element of truth in that, of course, but on the other hand preventing people from getting things off their chest in the form of writing can incite them to do the same in more violent ways.
(Another original phrase. I'm on a roll now! I bet you'll hear these things repeated in the press and on the television!)

I suppose you would agree that deporting the least intelligent Yorkshire folk to Lancashire would be doing both counties a service as it would simultaneously raise the average IQ of both Lancashire and Yorkshire?
I assume that you are aware that the opposite is true, but are just saying that as an attempt at humour.

If you edit your quote, no-one will ever know. (I noticed you were in Cheshire, assumed you were from Lancastershire, and missed your signature.)

Not sure where I heard this but:

censorship will never change opinions :cautious:
Excellent. I wish I'd said that.

I'd still be interested, though, to hear why a couple of us are not allowed to post in that one specific thread. No announcements have been made.

This:

This same matter has just been discussed on BBC Question Time and the predictably left-wing audience were overwhelmingly critical of Mr Trump. The majority of the audience (those who were chosen to speak!) also appeared to be strongly in favour of more immigration from the Middle East.
What a surprise!

Is the post I last made on that thread, at 00.08 yesterday morning.

As I am not allowed to make comments on that thread, for some unknown reason, may I please invite responses on here in order that I may continue the discussion?

If the mod responsible for removing my 'privileges' on that specific thread is willing to explain his reasons to me, I'd also be very grateful.

JB, can you still not post in it?

Edit:
Ok, our posts crossed.
It's absurd if you can't, especially as the PC bully still can.

JB, can you still not post in it?
No, and I think Handyjack had the same problem from what he said earlier.

Either it is a mod without the balls to confront me personally, or some sort of technical hitch.

I sincerely hope it's the latter.

Sponsored Links
Back