Selective censorship

Obviously it's the next step, can't bully you in to submission by labelling you with some "ist" or "ism" they just restrict your input.

Pretty nasty and rather petty, that says a lot about them.

Sponsored Links
My nice reply was to something WWT said, have they made her a MOD?

This:

This same matter has just been discussed on BBC Question Time and the predictably left-wing audience were overwhelmingly critical of Mr Trump. The majority of the audience (those who were chosen to speak!) also appeared to be strongly in favour of more immigration from the Middle East.
What a surprise!

Is the post I last made on that thread, at 00.08 yesterday morning.

As I am not allowed to make comments on that thread, for some unknown reason, may I please invite responses on here in order that I may continue the discussion?

If the mod responsible for removing my 'privileges' on that specific thread is willing to explain his reasons to me, I'd also be very grateful.

Under the royal charter the BBC is bound to independant, fair and impartial. Yet all the question time audiences every week are selected on the basis of voting/political preference. They cram in as many left wingers as they can fit in the room, a few right wingers for good measure to keep up appearances, and every week is the same. Likewise their news programmes always have a left wing bias about them. I don't get how this has been allowed to go on for so long, they take money from everyone and they go and do their own thing with it, that's before we even get into the pedophile networks and all the rest, it's an outright scandal. Honestly makes me ashamed to be British.

Sponsored Links
It might be that more lefties apply to be on QT, although to be honest any normal decent moderate person can see that Trump is a nasty piece of work.

They do seem to have a left wing bias. Jeanette Winterson has been on Any Questions (R4) at least twice, maybe more times, and routinely bullies and shouts down those she disagrees with. Last week she shouted down a Tory MP when it was his turn to answer a question, not allowing him to have his say, and the chairman did not intervene to allow him to speak. Then again, he's a Tory, so not nice, and it's all for the good isn't it? :rolleyes:

It might be that more lefties apply to be on QT, although to be honest any normal decent moderate person can see that Trump is a nasty piece of work.

They do seem to have a left wing bias. Jeanette Winterson has been on Any Questions (R4) at least twice, maybe more times, and routinely bullies and shouts down those she disagrees with. Last week she shouted down a Tory MP when it was his turn to answer a question, not allowing him to have his say, and the chairman did not intervene to allow him to speak. Then again, he's a Tory, so not nice, and it's all for the good isn't it? :rolleyes:

Ooooooh the irony.

Ooooooh the irony.

What irony?

... all the question time audiences every week are selected on the basis of voting/political preference. They cram in as many left wingers as they can fit in the room, a few right wingers for good measure to keep up appearances, and every week is the same. .

I think that's a load of *******s.

Just to check though, last time you applied for tickets to be in the audience, did you see a questionnaire asking you to state your political leanings?

Just to check though, last time you applied for tickets to be in the audience, did you see a questionnaire asking you to state your political leanings?
I'm afraid I don't know, as I have never applied to be on the programme. It would be interesting to find out, though.

On the other hand, as WWT says, it might be that more lefties apply to be on QT.

Incidentally, I appreciate those who have done so attempting to continue the discussion here in order that I might be permitted to contribute!
One in the eye for whoever decided to ban me from the thread!

I have no idea who if anyone did anything. (But if you're rude about any mod, of which there are several, the post is likely to be deleted on sight.)

You can have any opinion you like, but some you can't express here. And we're human so may not be entirely consistent. Tough.
It's only a click to ban someone completely, so it may not be in anyone's interest to aim to be a pest.

One of the Mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whitespirit said (on the other thread):
Islamophobia is justified when you see not only how they abuse their host country, but the free speech it has mistakenly given them.

So, between a group of thousands of ROP demonstrating in central London, calling for jihad and spouting anti-Western hate, and a tiny number of white, British demonstrators opposing them - which ones do you reckon our 'brave' officers of the law will come down harder on and closely scrutinise?
Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/i-agree-with-donald-trump.448337/page-6#ixzz3uClO6bZV

Yes, I think we all know whose 'freedom of speech' the plod have been ordered to defend and to whom they deny that freedom.

... all the question time audiences every week are selected on the basis of voting/political preference. They cram in as many left wingers as they can fit in the room, a few right wingers for good measure to keep up appearances, and every week is the same. .

I think that's a load of *******s.

Sadly I'm the same as JBR, never applied to be on it as no desire to. All I can give you are anecdotal (through the grapevine) examples of things I've heard from people who know people who have lol, and I do remember hearing that they were asked to fill out forms with data mining questions (i.e. politcal preference), besides the obvious name and address (in case you're a terrorist *yawn*).

I'm afraid I don't know, as I have never applied to be on the programme.
So your allegation was just made up.

Here you are John. https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091023081437AADF4yQ

''I once appeared in the Question Time audience - earlier this year in the North East of England. - and when I applied to be part of the show I had to fill in a questionnaire all about my Political views and opinions and was even asked who I would vote for in the next election. I had to disclose if I had any current issues or opinions about current affairs and events.
After that I received a email and a telephone call asking the same type of questions.

This means that the BBC can therefore choose who is in the audience and what their political bias is. It was clear that the London audience was hand picked as a majority anti-labour and anti Nick Griffin BNP audience and this saddens me.

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS: I CONDEMN BNP FOR BEING RACIST AND INTOLERANT BUT DO BELIEVE IN DEMOCRACY AND FREEDOM TO SPEAK.

Also: each audience member is asked to write down a question before hand and up to 6 are selected prior to recording the show. These people are then taken away to practice their question. So the questions are planned, although the show do say the panel are not told what they are.
Additional Details
I was also asked my ethnicity and my religious beliefs before being given a ticket to participate.''

Sponsored Links
Back