Pig to be silenced. Moans it's not fair.

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"You're on mute: Microphones to be silenced during final debate

You may still remember the first debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden last month - perhaps more for its chaos than for its content.

To prevent a repeat of that heated encounter with its frequent interruptions - particularly by President Trump - new rules have been introduced that will mute the candidates' microphones during their second and final presidential televised debate on Thursday in Nashville.

Both Trump and Biden will be given two minutes to make their remarks, without interruption from the other candidate, the debate's organisers have announced. Microphones will then be unmuted for questions.

"We realize, after discussions with both campaigns, that neither campaign may be totally satisfied with the measures announced today. One may think they go too far, and one may think they do not go far enough," the non-partisan Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) said in the statement.

"We are comfortable that these actions strike the right balance and that they are in the interest of the American people, for whom these debates are held."

The president told reporters he was still planning to take part on the event, but said of the rule: "I just think it's very unfair."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-us-2020-54588859

Sponsored Links
It is right that the 2 candidates should have equal time to talk

Trumps strategy of talking over should not be tolerated.

thank goodness a bit of sense has prevailed

He probably will, but at least the people will hear Biden speak, rather than have Trump talk over him the whole time.
I only saw some clips of the last one, but it was painful to listen to.

Nobody wants a repeat of this.

Sponsored Links
I'm just glad the piece made it clear that the fat orange lackwit was the prime instigator ; reports at the time made it seem like both were equally to blame.
A real shame Biden wasn't a McCain, or an Aldrin, who might have just got up and handed Candyfloss his teeth (y)

He probably will, but at least the people will hear Biden speak, rather than have Trump talk over him the whole time.
I only saw some clips of the last one, but it was painful to listen to.

Nobody wants a repeat of this.

I listened to it, live. Trump was tragic. I just hope the vote comes to the same conclusion.

Personally I can’t stand Trump but if that’s who the people choose, that’s democracy. No good whinging about it, it’s done. A bit like Brexit really. The people have spoken. Now just shut up, listen to what the people have said and get on with it.

Last edited:
Personally I can’t stand Trump but if that’s who the people choose, that’s democracy. No good whinging about it, it’s done. A bit like Brexit really. The people have spoken. Now just shut up, listen to what the people have said and get on with it.
Brexit isn't done though is it?

The liars are still lying and getting away with it

Until these people are challenged and stopped, there is no democracy.

It's ironic that in the House of Commons you can't call somebody a liar.......and it's the place that has the highest concentration of liars in the land :ROFLMAO:

Brexit isn't done though is it?
You had a vote, you chose to leave. Now you want to change the decision. Now you want 52% of those that voted to leave to change theirs too? The question was asked, the people chose, the decision was made. Prolonging it by the sour grapes losers is what’s causing the grief. I honestly think that if the decision had been made to remain, leavers wouldn't still be carping on about it 4 years later.

What’s your opinion on the Scottish referendum results - keep going and keep voting until wee Jimmy gets the decision that suits her? Accept the decision? Best of three?

Both Trump and Pence had the same game plan, by interupting you eat into the two minutes your rival has to get their message across. Kamala Harris dealt well with Mike Pence attemps.

A side comment suggested that the moderator will have the kill switch. That suggests that he can 'moderate' in the other bit of the chat too, in order to ensure fair play. Guess who'll suffer if that's the case.

Keep up old boy, that wasn`t on the table then and wouldn`t be now if the EU had handled things better.

it was always on the table, but our Government wasn't obliged to choose that option.

Remember our choices?
(known well before the referendum)
Described here as "WTO model" i.e. no treaty with the EU.

Keep up old boy, that wasn`t on the table then and wouldn`t be now if the EU had handled things better.

Yeah, on the table was the extra £350million per week for the NHS, and all those awesome trade deals we're gonna get with the rest of the world!

Sponsored Links
Back