Self Assessment procedure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A BEAUTIFUL STORY ~ Self Appraisal
*A little boy went to a telephone booth which was at the cash counter of a store and dialed a number.
The store-owner observed and listened to the conversation:
Boy : “Lady, Can you give me the job of cutting your lawn?
Woman : (at the other end of the phone line) “I already have someone to cut my lawn.”
Boy : “Lady, I will cut your lawn for half the price than the person who cuts your lawn now.”
Woman : I’m very satisfied with the person who is presently cutting my lawn.
Boy : (with more perseverance) “Lady, I’ll even sweep the floor and the stairs of your house for free.
Woman : No, thank you.
With a smile on his face, the little boy replaced the receiver. The store-owner, who was listening to all this, walked over to the boy.
Store Owner : “Son… I like your attitude; I like that positive spirit and would like to offer you a job.”
Boy : “No thanks,
Store Owner : But you were really pleading for one.
Boy : No Sir, I was just checking my performance at
the job I already have. I am the one who is working for that lady I was talking to!” *
** This is called self Appraisal** Give your best and the world comes to you!

Sourced from

English Literature: A Community

Sponsored Links
He can look forward to his salary review the next time he shows up for work.

"Times are hard", "Budget cuts", "Competitive marketplace"...

He's told his boss he's paid too much and others will do it for less. Not a good idea to plant in their heads.

Plus it's made-up rubbish anyway. Why does a little boy have a job and salary anyway? Or is child labour now "beautiful"?

Sponsored Links
I want to know why the kid is getting knocked for having a, (obviously), part time job to earn himself some money.

Are people now saying it's wrong for children to earn their own money until they leave school and get a 'proper' job?
I had 3 jobs on the go when I was a teenager. Paper round in the morning, which had me finish at the far end of the estate. From ther I would hook up with a milkman and help him to deliver his round. This took me back to my area of the estate and I could then get brekkie and off to school. Saturday & Sunday I trundled an ice cream cart around the estate selling blocks of ice cream & lolly ices. If I wanted/needed a bit extra, the window cleaner would give me a few bob if I helped him on his collection round of a Friday evening.

Yeah, we'd rather they sit in the house playing Minecraft so we can keep an eye on them now we know, thanks to the Internet, how chock full of paedophiles the world is

Admire your work ethic though!

I want yo know how old this story is

At the age of 13, me and a mate would walk to the local dairy at 3am to earn a few bob helping to deliver the mlk. One morning a police car pulled up as we were walking and took us back home and gave my mum a good telling off for letting us walk the streets at that hour. We were back out again next day but avoiding the plod :)

Sponsored Links
Back