Self Build Self Designed Conservatory - Info required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

First post on this forum so please be friendly. I have done a search but as I am not sure of names of the bits I may be searching for the wrong thing.

So here goes.

I have designed a 4.7m x 2.8m Dwarf wall conservatory which will replace my very old Highlight conservatory by Crittalls. At the front I will have a french door and some made to measure double glazed windows. The roof will be a self supported roof that I will secure to the windows & door as required.

I wish to utilise the toughened glass roof panes from my original conservatory and use these and someuPVCC sheet on the sides of my new conservatory. (I live in a staggered terrace house so theleft sidee is plain brick wall and the right side is next doors garden and want some privacy. I have thought of timber frames but was wondering if anyone knows of a supplier ofuPVCc or aluminium profiles that I can stick my glass and sheet in to create my own windows.

With regards to the self supported roof (Ariel Plastics or similar) can the wall plate, end beams, intermediate beams and eaves beam be cut to length. Wall plate available in 4000mm & 5000mm sizes and I require 4700mm

With regards to the french door it has a width measurement of 1190mm. should I make the gap in the dwarf wall the same measurement or slightly larger all round.

With regards to the uPVC window at the front, I am toying with the idea of two smaller windows as opposed to one large one. How would I join 2 windows together. Would it be better to use a goalpost between them or directly together (Mull kit) or us an "extender" whatever one of these is.

Does anyone know a supplier of 70mm profiles (uPVC/ali) that I can purchase to make my frame up.

Feel free to tell me if I am being too ambitious and should do a rethink. It just that that I have got a few quotes for conservatories to the same size & dwarf wall and they all come out over £5k plus wall.

Thanks in advance for any info supplied

Richie

Sponsored Links
round my area, brand new frames and roof would be around 3k fully glazed supply only

Probally find it easier to just buy a complete consevatory, trying to get a roof made to take the sizes of your existing glass will be a job in itself. Send me over the details we do supply only

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back