self cert schemes?

this is what the it states on there website

EAL Domestic Electrical Installer, Part P Certificate
Which should tell you all you need to know about their understanding of electrical design, construction and testing qualifications... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Yea sorry its the EAL qualification and 17th edition, I tried napit today and they want test and inspection, anyone know of any that dont require that?
Dunno.

Are you:

a) Someone who is a genuinely competent professional, able to fully discharge his duty of care and moral obligations to his clients?

or

b) A lying, cheating incompetent cowboy?

If all you have is that Toytown EAL DI and a 2382 multiple guess success then there is no way you should be out there taking money off people who think they are employing an electrician.

Go back to college, and get some proper qualifications. You've had 3 years, FFS, and all you've got are some trivial "qualifications" that anybody with an IQ bigger than their shoe size could get in 3 months from a standing start?

Sponsored Links
Id rather have some one like me than someone with a stinking rotten attitude
My attitude is that you should be competent.

My attitude is that you should have ability.

My attitude is that after 3 years of training to become an electrician you should have a **** of a sight more than an EAL DI "qualification" and a bit of paper which says you can read the Wiring Regulations and guess right a bit more than 50% of the time.

Your attitude says all we need to know about you, your incompetence, lack of ability, and failure to acquire any meaningful qualifications.

I'm sure they are, because they get a nice fee each time, as you can't self-certify.

But that does not make you an electrician who should be taking money from members of the public.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back