self certification

Sponsored Links
. turned out to be two rings, but not complete rings, so more like two long single wires(in two rcd's [mcb's]) with sockets on them (hope you understand what i mean)

So that'll be two radials then (which is really what you'd expect for storage heater circuits), nothing wrong with that if the MCB sizing is correct. What is the rating of the MCB's and what size is the cable (we'll ignore installation method for now)?

You have to be competent in test and inspection C&G 2360 or equivalent does not do that. How do you show competence in test and inspection?
It sounds like anyone can sign a certificate, which I am not sure about.

Obviously notifiable jobs can be done by informing the council or you have to be a member of a competent persons scheme. This job is notifiable.

You obviously have very little knowledge of the content of the 2330 course cant speak for 2360 but in level 2 of 2330 you have to demonstrate basic testing and inspecting skills while on level 3 there are 2 large practical assessments based around testing, inspecting, verification, fault finding and rectification. While not as deep as 2391, you still have to have a solid knowledge of how to do the tasks.

You are quick to draw your guns, the 2360 used to be the full and comprehensive course of C&G to level 2, before the 2330. Yes you are right, in the course we gone through the test and inspection procedures and we were tested on it but it is not even near to provide you the competence level you need to be able to apply a professional and proper test and inspection.

. turned out to be two rings, but not complete rings, so more like two long single wires(in two rcd's [mcb's]) with sockets on them (hope you understand what i mean)

So that'll be two radials then (which is really what you'd expect for storage heater circuits), nothing wrong with that if the MCB sizing is correct. What is the rating of the MCB's and what size is the cable (we'll ignore installation method for now)?
Is it possible that there is a SFCU somewhere in the circuit, which could may be explain this radial?

Sponsored Links
It's quite likely that the storage heaters were each connected by a fused connection unit, with or without a switch - perhaps the OP can tell us?

sorry,i didnt really take much notice of wire size and mcb. busy having fun painting.

not counting the storage heater radials,There should have been one ring circuit upstairs, it was this that turned out to be two radials.

As i said, i didnt really take much notice of what he was doing. just that after he had checked it all,and pronounced it all good, there was something that caused him to spend two hours under the floor boards.

And to the other posters, please dont fall out about your respective knowledge.life is way too short. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back